Project Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Current Movie

Go down 
+5
Samantha
Conflict
Blank
Tony
katie_righ
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
katie_righ

katie_righ

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:47 pm

Discuss:
What movie did you last see? Rating?
What movies do you want to see?
What movie do you not want to see?

and things of this nature, etc........ go!
Back to top Go down
katie_righ

katie_righ

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:52 pm

So, erm...I'll start.

I saw the newest Friday the 13th a few weeks ago. Loved it.

Last week I watched Friday the 13th: Part 2, and also TCM: The Beginning. F13 was fun; it's an older movie, so I was expecting lots of tackola special effects. And TCM...well, obviously I'm obsessed with it now, so yeah...definitely liked it.

We just rented "The Rocker," and what can I say...naked Rainn is high on my list. It was funny.

I'm sorta looking forward to the "Watchmen" movie coming out soon. I just hope it's not too confusing.
Back to top Go down
Tony

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:12 am

I saw the new Friday the 13th, too. Liked it a lot, didn't love it, but it beat the shit out of another recent re-make... (read on)

Watched My Bloody Valentine on it's opening day. It was TERRIBLE. It had a few interesting plot twists, but they didn't come as a big surprise or anything. Fairly easy to detect 'em. And the new, fanfriggingtastic 3-D technology that everyone was so jazzed about...wasn't all that great. At least for this movie.

Saw the Dark Knight...and Sammi and Katie are going to disembowel me for this tomorrow, but I didn't see what was so awesome about it. It was good...better than Batman & Robin, but not Oscar-worthy (as everyone seems to think), in my opinion.

And I wanna go see Watchmen, too!
Back to top Go down
katie_righ

katie_righ

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:22 am

Tony wrote:
I saw the new Friday the 13th, too. Liked it a lot, didn't love it, but it beat the shit out of another recent re-make... (read on)

Watched My Bloody Valentine on it's opening day. It was TERRIBLE. It had a few interesting plot twists, but they didn't come as a big surprise or anything. Fairly easy to detect 'em. And the new, fanfriggingtastic 3-D technology that everyone was so jazzed about...wasn't all that great. At least for this movie.

Saw the Dark Knight...and Sammi and Katie are going to disembowel me for this tomorrow, but I didn't see what was so awesome about it. It was good...better than Batman & Robin, but not Oscar-worthy (as everyone seems to think), in my opinion.

And I wanna go see Watchmen, too!

Ha, when I said I "loved" the new F13 movie, I mean like...it was nice and gory...! And I'm not going to disembowel you. I think a lot of the hype about TDK has finally died down. I just re-watched it a few days ago actually, and I mean, it's good, and it's still one of my favorite movies, but I think there was so much talk and drama about it, that it kind of got overtalked about, I guess you could say.
Back to top Go down
Blank

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:57 am

Well, last movie I saw was Friday the 13th. So easy to see what was going to happen but good nevertheless. My friend was scared even when I told her what was probably going to happen.

Saw My Bloody Valentine 3D opening day. 3D was shit and my friend was still scared even though the movie was not really that scary to begin with. Disappointment nevertheless.

Going to watch Watchmen next.
Back to top Go down
Conflict

Conflict

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 5:05 am

Unlike mostly everyone else, i'm not really interested in going to see Watchmen. I still gotta watch Grand Torino, I really wanted to see that. Clint Eastwood is the man.
Back to top Go down
Samantha
Admin
Samantha

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:36 pm

im not looking forward to the watchmen either, every time i see the trailor it looks cornier and cornier.
Back to top Go down
Blank

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 3:37 am

Gran Torino was pretty awesome.

Yeah, a lot of hype for Watchmen, hopefully it lives to the hype. Basically, if you read the graphic novel, you would probably want to see it.

I watched Event Horizon tonight (1997 flick, supposedly scary as hell). It was alright, not too scary but if I had completed it as a kid, I would have been pretty scared.
Back to top Go down
LoS_ThE_MaN

LoS_ThE_MaN

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 12:40 pm

I was watching a Japanese Samurai movie on IFC.

It was about one samurai who saves another ones life so they become good friends, and one of them is real good looking and the other one is not so lucky. So everyone makes fun of my dude because he has a big nose, but the other guy defends him. So the ugly dude, to repay him for the other kindness, helps him get the girl he likes. Even though he is ugly he is a really good poet, while the other guy being good looking he can't write worth shit. So in the end they end up going to war to defend their state and the good looking one is wounded really bad, and he begins to regret the fact that he never told the girl (princess Chio i think was her name) that it was his friend writing the poetry and telling him what to say. So he jumps in a river and drown himself, because he finds that he is unworthy to commit Hara- Kiri. SO!...the other "ugly" samurai goes back home after the war is won and waits 10 years before confessing to Chio that he was the one writing poetry and not her lover, he then continues to confess his love for her. Oh and what drove him to tell her is that he was attacked by a group of assassins because he was protecting the town from their gang, so they jumped him and dropped a rock on his head, and knowing he was to die ( he killed all of em, it was fucking awsome) he went to talk to Chio.

It was full of awsome samurai fights and funny drunk scenes. I'll try to get the title.
Back to top Go down
R'

R'

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 11:39 pm

Rewatched Pitch Black a couple of times last week, pretty badass movie. Probably my favorite creature flick.
Then watched Chronicles of Riddick, yep...........yep.

Most likely going to watch Watchmen next but im not that hyped for it. I wanna finish the comic book first, about 70% done. I gotta friend whose superhyped for it tho, he bought the hardcover book of it (which is about 80 bucks), he looked for a bus stop that had those large posters so he could take it and after he didnt find it he just bought a poster but that same day he did find a bus stand with a poster, which he then proceeded to steal.
Back to top Go down
Blank

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 4:00 am

So yeah, saw Watchmen last night. It was pretty good what with it being at the IMAX and having good seats helped too. Overall, I thought the movie was good, had a little bit of everything.
Back to top Go down
katie_righ

katie_righ

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 4:16 pm

W. - lame.
Blindless - lame.
last half of TCM 3 - ohhh yesss!
miss congeniality - harmless/funny.

and i'm undecided about watchmen. i still haven't seen it, but my sister did and she said it sucked and there was a ton of nudity blah blah blah.
Back to top Go down
R'

R'

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Watchmen- better than i expected and was able to get everything from the comic into the movie. It was also pretty gruesome and gory too, not to forget an extremely hot and heavy sex scene. Sorta feel sorry for parents that may have taken their kids thinking its just a "superhero" movie.
@katie, there isnt a "ton" of nudity per'se, just one sex scene buuuut Jon (the blue guy) is bottomless in 90% of the scenes hes in so thats what your sis was probably talking about.

Midnight Meat Train - Watched this last night with a bunch of friends. One of those movies that share the same genre as Hostel. All in all it was good, probably the most gory bloodbath of a movie ive seen in a while (scooping out eyeballs with a spoon) Only thing that sorta ruined the movie was the bullshit ending about zombies.
Back to top Go down
Shaimun

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Good Dick - It was one weird movie but I liked it.
Back to top Go down
katie_righ

katie_righ

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 9:57 pm

R' wrote:
Watchmen- better than i expected and was able to get everything from the comic into the movie. It was also pretty gruesome and gory too, not to forget an extremely hot and heavy sex scene. Sorta feel sorry for parents that may have taken their kids thinking its just a "superhero" movie.
@katie, there isnt a "ton" of nudity per'se, just one sex scene buuuut Jon (the blue guy) is bottomless in 90% of the scenes hes in so thats what your sis was probably talking about.

Midnight Meat Train - Watched this last night with a bunch of friends. One of those movies that share the same genre as Hostel. All in all it was good, probably the most gory bloodbath of a movie ive seen in a while (scooping out eyeballs with a spoon) Only thing that sorta ruined the movie was the bullshit ending about zombies.

Midnight Meat Train!? I'm totally going to have to check that out.
Back to top Go down
katie_righ

katie_righ

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 1:33 pm

Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

hell yes.
Back to top Go down
Blank

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 12:16 am

The Last House On The Left

It was alright I guess... I could have done without one seen but what can you do...
Back to top Go down
Tony

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 1:33 am

Blank wrote:

It was alright I guess... I could have done without one seen but what can you do...

The remake, or the original?

And I just watched Nosferatu. Loved it. Though, due to the lack of dialogue, I was sort of lost during a few scenes.
Back to top Go down
Blank

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Tony wrote:
Blank wrote:

The remake, or the original?

And I just watched Nosferatu. Loved it. Though, due to the lack of dialogue, I was sort of lost during a few scenes.

The remake
Back to top Go down
katie_righ

katie_righ

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 7:23 pm

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986) - god this was hysterical. i almost peed my pants at one part.
House of Wax - i've already seen it, i just like watching paris die.
Willard - kinda creepy. but i still like rats.

i feel like i'm forgetting one. oh well. i've been watching a lot of movies lately...but break is over now, so yeah, back to the old routine i guess Sad
Back to top Go down
R'

R'

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 1:44 am

Hard Candy - It was good but wish the chick got killed in the end too
Back to top Go down
katie_righ

katie_righ

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:52 am

Halloween (Rob Zombie version) - It was ok, but I'm glad I saw it in theaters on the big screen. My little tv doesn't do it justice.

The Hills Have Eyes (unrated version) - It was alright. I'd forgotten that I'd seen bits and pieces of it before, so it wasn't as exciting as I hoped.
Back to top Go down
Tony

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:41 am

Blood for Dracula

Awesome.

Terrible acting, skanky Italian chicks, vegetarian Dracula, Dracula having seizures, Andy Warhol.

That's about it.

Kinda wanna watch Flesh for Frankenstein (another Andy Warhol movie), but it's from 2 to 3.30, and I R tired...
Back to top Go down
Blank

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:01 pm

I Love You Man

It was pretty funny. We all arrived late but missed about 10 minutes of the movie. Still, funny stuff.
Back to top Go down
katie_righ

katie_righ

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:58 pm

Death Race - lame for the most part, but it had some good parts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Current Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Movie   Current Movie Empty

Back to top Go down

Current Movie
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next