Welcome! Enjoy your stay!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Asian Horror

Go down 
AuthorMessage
R'

avatar


PostSubject: Asian Horror   Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:31 am

Check out this site if youre an asian horror lover like I am, they have a TON of asian horror films with eng subs. And they host all their movies so your not linked to megavideo or whatnot.

http://www.asian-horror-movies.com/

I recommend A Tale of Two Sisters, its the first movie in YEARS that actually scared me, it was so creepy to the point where i stopped watching it after the first part hahaha. And nooooo im not a scaredy cat i was just freaked out cuz i was watching it alone in the dark in my room on my bed and the scene that creeped me out had the exact same setting, but i will finish watching it tho lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katie_righ

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Asian Horror   Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:09 pm

I keep hearing people talk about some movie called "Audition." I believe it's.....Korean? Maybe Japanese. Anyone know anything about it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sethy Bear

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Asian Horror   Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:17 pm

Audition is Japanese, it came out in 2000
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katie_righ

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Asian Horror   Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:24 pm

Sethy Bear wrote:
Audition is Japanese, it came out in 2000

Well...did you see it? I heard it's like super gory/gross.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R'

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Asian Horror   Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:56 pm

katie_righ wrote:
I keep hearing people talk about some movie called "Audition." I believe it's.....Korean? Maybe Japanese. Anyone know anything about it?
That one is a bit of an odd situation, it is quite disturbing and gross but the thing is thats only like 15% of the movie. Pretty much for the majority of the movie its normal with a hint of oddness then it hits you like WTF.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katie_righ

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Asian Horror   Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:36 pm

R' wrote:
katie_righ wrote:
I keep hearing people talk about some movie called "Audition." I believe it's.....Korean? Maybe Japanese. Anyone know anything about it?
That one is a bit of an odd situation, it is quite disturbing and gross but the thing is thats only like 15% of the movie. Pretty much for the majority of the movie its normal with a hint of oddness then it hits you like WTF.

gotcha. thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R'

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Asian Horror   Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:57 am

katie_righ wrote:
R' wrote:
katie_righ wrote:
I keep hearing people talk about some movie called "Audition." I believe it's.....Korean? Maybe Japanese. Anyone know anything about it?
That one is a bit of an odd situation, it is quite disturbing and gross but the thing is thats only like 15% of the movie. Pretty much for the majority of the movie its normal with a hint of oddness then it hits you like WTF.

gotcha. thanks.
np. i remember watching the 100 scariest scenes in film and rob zombie said audition was the only movie to creep him out so i got all hyped for it but after watching it i was a bit disappointed. Then again i never found gore/torture horror to creep me out so it might work for others, im more a psychological horror person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katie_righ

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Asian Horror   Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:28 pm

R' wrote:
katie_righ wrote:
R' wrote:
katie_righ wrote:
I keep hearing people talk about some movie called "Audition." I believe it's.....Korean? Maybe Japanese. Anyone know anything about it?
That one is a bit of an odd situation, it is quite disturbing and gross but the thing is thats only like 15% of the movie. Pretty much for the majority of the movie its normal with a hint of oddness then it hits you like WTF.

gotcha. thanks.
np. i remember watching the 100 scariest scenes in film and rob zombie said audition was the only movie to creep him out so i got all hyped for it but after watching it i was a bit disappointed. Then again i never found gore/torture horror to creep me out so it might work for others, im more a psychological horror person.

agreed. the gory movies (like tcm, saw, etc...) aren't really "scary," they're just...gory! and that's why i like them! the psychological ones get to me...i have to watch those in moderation. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sethy Bear

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Asian Horror   Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:12 pm

katie_righ wrote:
R' wrote:
katie_righ wrote:
R' wrote:
katie_righ wrote:
I keep hearing people talk about some movie called "Audition." I believe it's.....Korean? Maybe Japanese. Anyone know anything about it?
That one is a bit of an odd situation, it is quite disturbing and gross but the thing is thats only like 15% of the movie. Pretty much for the majority of the movie its normal with a hint of oddness then it hits you like WTF.

gotcha. thanks.
np. i remember watching the 100 scariest scenes in film and rob zombie said audition was the only movie to creep him out so i got all hyped for it but after watching it i was a bit disappointed. Then again i never found gore/torture horror to creep me out so it might work for others, im more a psychological horror person.

agreed. the gory movies (like tcm, saw, etc...) aren't really "scary," they're just...gory! and that's why i like them! the psychological ones get to me...i have to watch those in moderation. Smile

I agree. I really enjoy watching the gory ones but its psychological ones that can get to me, I watch those in moderation too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R'

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Asian Horror   Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:21 pm

Sethy Bear wrote:
katie_righ wrote:
R' wrote:
katie_righ wrote:
R' wrote:
katie_righ wrote:
I keep hearing people talk about some movie called "Audition." I believe it's.....Korean? Maybe Japanese. Anyone know anything about it?
That one is a bit of an odd situation, it is quite disturbing and gross but the thing is thats only like 15% of the movie. Pretty much for the majority of the movie its normal with a hint of oddness then it hits you like WTF.

gotcha. thanks.
np. i remember watching the 100 scariest scenes in film and rob zombie said audition was the only movie to creep him out so i got all hyped for it but after watching it i was a bit disappointed. Then again i never found gore/torture horror to creep me out so it might work for others, im more a psychological horror person.

agreed. the gory movies (like tcm, saw, etc...) aren't really "scary," they're just...gory! and that's why i like them! the psychological ones get to me...i have to watch those in moderation. Smile

I agree. I really enjoy watching the gory ones but its psychological ones that can get to me, I watch those in moderation too

Haha I just like to watch um all. Gory movies to see if theres anything to disturb me and psychological ones to see if it can scare me. I just love the feeling of being scared, feels invigorating lol.
Well since this is an asian horror thread and yur all gore aficionados i'll recommend some asian gore movies.
Ichi the Killer: check out some comments on this movie and youll realize its not one to trifle with, it contains the infamous cutting off your own tongue slowly and in full detail scene.
and
Battle Royale: This movie is straight out amazing. Its a bloodbath beginning to end and its just a good quality movie in general, the story, acting,effects, and badass villains. And did I mention its all about a class school children put on an island to kill eachother off till one is left standing or everyone gets killed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katie_righ

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Asian Horror   Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:09 pm

R' wrote:
Sethy Bear wrote:
katie_righ wrote:
R' wrote:
katie_righ wrote:
R' wrote:
katie_righ wrote:
I keep hearing people talk about some movie called "Audition." I believe it's.....Korean? Maybe Japanese. Anyone know anything about it?
That one is a bit of an odd situation, it is quite disturbing and gross but the thing is thats only like 15% of the movie. Pretty much for the majority of the movie its normal with a hint of oddness then it hits you like WTF.

gotcha. thanks.
np. i remember watching the 100 scariest scenes in film and rob zombie said audition was the only movie to creep him out so i got all hyped for it but after watching it i was a bit disappointed. Then again i never found gore/torture horror to creep me out so it might work for others, im more a psychological horror person.

agreed. the gory movies (like tcm, saw, etc...) aren't really "scary," they're just...gory! and that's why i like them! the psychological ones get to me...i have to watch those in moderation. Smile

I agree. I really enjoy watching the gory ones but its psychological ones that can get to me, I watch those in moderation too

Haha I just like to watch um all. Gory movies to see if theres anything to disturb me and psychological ones to see if it can scare me. I just love the feeling of being scared, feels invigorating lol.
Well since this is an asian horror thread and yur all gore aficionados i'll recommend some asian gore movies.
Ichi the Killer: check out some comments on this movie and youll realize its not one to trifle with, it contains the infamous cutting off your own tongue slowly and in full detail scene.
and
Battle Royale: This movie is straight out amazing. Its a bloodbath beginning to end and its just a good quality movie in general, the story, acting,effects, and badass villains. And did I mention its all about a class school children put on an island to kill eachother off till one is left standing or everyone gets killed!

Is Battle Royale based on a manga? I thought I remember seeing that title in SunCoast before it went out of business.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R'

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Asian Horror   Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:47 pm

katie_righ wrote:
R' wrote:
Sethy Bear wrote:
katie_righ wrote:
R' wrote:
katie_righ wrote:
R' wrote:
katie_righ wrote:
I keep hearing people talk about some movie called "Audition." I believe it's.....Korean? Maybe Japanese. Anyone know anything about it?
That one is a bit of an odd situation, it is quite disturbing and gross but the thing is thats only like 15% of the movie. Pretty much for the majority of the movie its normal with a hint of oddness then it hits you like WTF.

gotcha. thanks.
np. i remember watching the 100 scariest scenes in film and rob zombie said audition was the only movie to creep him out so i got all hyped for it but after watching it i was a bit disappointed. Then again i never found gore/torture horror to creep me out so it might work for others, im more a psychological horror person.

agreed. the gory movies (like tcm, saw, etc...) aren't really "scary," they're just...gory! and that's why i like them! the psychological ones get to me...i have to watch those in moderation. Smile

I agree. I really enjoy watching the gory ones but its psychological ones that can get to me, I watch those in moderation too

Haha I just like to watch um all. Gory movies to see if theres anything to disturb me and psychological ones to see if it can scare me. I just love the feeling of being scared, feels invigorating lol.
Well since this is an asian horror thread and yur all gore aficionados i'll recommend some asian gore movies.
Ichi the Killer: check out some comments on this movie and youll realize its not one to trifle with, it contains the infamous cutting off your own tongue slowly and in full detail scene.
and
Battle Royale: This movie is straight out amazing. Its a bloodbath beginning to end and its just a good quality movie in general, the story, acting,effects, and badass villains. And did I mention its all about a class school children put on an island to kill eachother off till one is left standing or everyone gets killed!

Is Battle Royale based on a manga? I thought I remember seeing that title in SunCoast before it went out of business.
Yea its based off the manga, altho in the manga the students looked considerably younger. They looked like they about 13 in the manga but around 18 in the movie.
I never read the manga tho just looked at a couple of pages to check out the back stories on the characters I liked.
Found it pretty funny that the girl who played the female villain lead, who was a crazy insane psycho, became a jpop star.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katie_righ

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Asian Horror   Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:52 pm

So is Battle Royale (the movie) animated, or with real people?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R'

avatar


PostSubject: Re: Asian Horror   Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:56 pm

No, its with real people. Acting is surprising good for the type of movie lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samantha
Admin
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Asian Horror   Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:56 am

I watched some of Battle Royale in my Film Study class in high school, it seemed really good and I wanted to keep watching it but I never got around to watching it on my own. Super gorey. I also watched some Ichi the Killer... right after watching a little Battle Royale, it was for someones final project so he was showing us different scenes in the movie. All in all, they both seemed really good.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Asian Horror   

Back to top Go down
 
Asian Horror
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Horror Writers
» Arkham Horror Ponified
» Lost Village (A Pokemon/Survival/Horror RP) [Closed]
» I call this Tale: Horror We? How's Bayou?
» Wisdom Teeth

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Pandora :: Life :: Video-
Jump to: