Project Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! Enjoy your stay!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Concerts

Go down 
+3
Blank
Akurtz`
Samantha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Samantha
Admin
Samantha

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Concerts   Concerts EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 4:32 pm

Like concerts? Been to many? Which ones? Etc.

I used to be a pretty big concert goer... whether it was a big one with well known artists or a simple local show in town, I've been to a fair share of them. Lately I've lost interest in going to them, I'm not exactly sure why but I'd rather just chill at home and listen to the CD. Plus, they're too expensive now. I have more important things to spend my money on but hey, I'm up for one every once in a while.

and I want to meet Conor Oberst before I die so I'll have to go see Bright Eyes again. (;
Back to top Go down
Akurtz`

Akurtz`

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 5:11 pm

Nah, im not really a hardcore concert goer... i havent to many.
Though i plan on going to see ok go, le echo, and jaguar love next month at the house of blues in anahiem... but im too lazy and things arent woring out.

Yeah, tix are too expensive nowadays, since i dont get money alot.
btw Bright eyes is a good band
Back to top Go down
Blank

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 1:57 pm

I've been to about four concerts, with a few missed opportunities.

I'll list them

Valencia, Cartel, and some other band who's name I forgot at the House of Blues- Valencia was good, ticket was free so can't complain
Of A Revolution at the Borgata- Again, free ticket but overall, pretty good band
Flobots at Rowan University- Free show, very good concert.
Battle of the Bands at Rowan- Free show, it was alright.

I want to go to Bamboozle this year but sadly, the concert dates fall on finals week, which I will most likely have to study for...
Back to top Go down
Samantha
Admin
Samantha

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:03 pm

Awh, that stinks that you won't be able to go to Bamboozle. I thought that would be fun when I was into going to concerts all the time but now it doesn't sound too appealing. I don't like long concerts like that, especially when they're during the summer. I didn't even really enjoy Warped Tour that much.
Back to top Go down
Akurtz`

Akurtz`

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 3:38 am

warped tour wasnt great
Back to top Go down
Blank

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:29 am

Admin wrote:
Awh, that stinks that you won't be able to go to Bamboozle. I thought that would be fun when I was into going to concerts all the time but now it doesn't sound too appealing. I don't like long concerts like that, especially when they're during the summer. I didn't even really enjoy Warped Tour that much.

Yeah, if I somehow don't have finals on Monday, I might just go, I might, not both days though...
Back to top Go down
Sherrasaur

Sherrasaur

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 3:27 am

I loveee going to shows.

In order of first to recent.

Jonas Brothers - Performed at our school. They sucked. I just love telling their fans I saw.
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Went with my mom and sister. AMAZING light show, great sound.
Muse, Rise Against, and My Chemical Romance - Personal value. <3 MCR was great, live.
Bamboozle (last year) - akjhdg; GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT! Both days.

My favorite one, and the best day of my LIFE, was when I went to Hangar 84 last Monday.
I was at the front for the last three bands because I LOVE them so much.
One girl got taken out in an ambulance, the mosh pit was so brutal though.
I kept getting punched and pushed and stepped on, pushed for my spot... but push them back and they leave you alone and go flail their arms wildly somewhere else. :]
I was in pain for the next two days, hearing still isn't back to normal, haha.
All bands that were there;

A's Rage - Local band, but so freaking great. "My D is L" is an inside joke now.
Where The Ocean Meets The Sky - Local band. First time I heard them and I HAD to get a tee.
And Then There Were None - Not too famous, but I really love their music. <3 Great, live.
Eyes Set To Kill - WHOLE REASON I WENT! Alexia sounded nervous, but the others were <3.
brokenCYDE - BREE BREE~ best song they played. Really good live. I wanna see them again.
Drop Dead, Gorgeous - asdfghjkl;' AMAZING LIVE. They did "Dressed For Friend Requests." and I almost lost my voice screaming.

I'm supposed to be going to Hangar 84 more often with different friends,
but my dad heard about the mosh pit and was like, "No."
But he knows he'll let me go because I have good grades. :]
Back to top Go down
Conflict

Conflict

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 12:23 pm

Blank wrote:
I've been to about four concerts, with a few missed opportunities.

I'll list them

Valencia, Cartel, and some other band who's name I forgot at the House of Blues- Valencia was good, ticket was free so can't complain
Of A Revolution at the Borgata- Again, free ticket but overall, pretty good band
Flobots at Rowan University- Free show, very good concert.
Battle of the Bands at Rowan- Free show, it was alright.

I want to go to Bamboozle this year but sadly, the concert dates fall on finals week, which I will most likely have to study for...

I went to see the same Valencia concert, I liked it. Cartel was alright and Valencia was great.

I also went to see Yellowcard and Mae at Rowan a few years back. Mae killed it and so did Yellowcard.
Back to top Go down
Sethy Bear

Sethy Bear

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 12:28 pm

I've been to over 20 shows and its just so much fun.
Last night I went to the Flogging Molly show at the Filmore, so much fun.
In May me and a few friends are planing a trip to the Maryland Deathfest, three day music festival in Baltimore.
Back to top Go down
Samantha
Admin
Samantha

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 1:31 pm

Sethy Bear wrote:
I've been to over 20 shows and its just so much fun.
Last night I went to the Flogging Molly show at the Filmore, so much fun.
In May me and a few friends are planing a trip to the Maryland Deathfest, three day music festival in Baltimore.

I haven't been to the Filmore, how is it? Those shows are generally pretty cheap too aren't they? I'm pretty sure a few bands I wanted to see played there before and the tickets were only 10-20 dollars.

Glad you had a good time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sethy Bear

Sethy Bear

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 5:42 pm

The Filmore is a nice venue, the tickets for Flogging Molly were $33.

Thanks Very Happy
everyone I went with was glad I had a good time too lol
Back to top Go down
Samantha
Admin
Samantha

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 2:44 pm

I was never a big Flogging Molly fan but that's just me. Is the Filmore small?

The Palace of Auburn Hills is still my favorite venue... or the state theatre, those are usually nice wherever you go and they look really cool inside. I've been to the one in Detroit to see Korn and Limp Bizkit (haha) and the one in Kalamazoo to see Bright Eyes.

I forget what the venue with the hill is called but I don't really like that one too much. To get tickets down by the stage you have to pay like 75 dollars... so I always end up on the hill since they're like 25 dollars and it feels like you're so far away, you can't really get into it as much.

It's funny when moshpits start on the hill though because people get pushed down and they start rolling down the hill. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sethy Bear

Sethy Bear

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 3:09 pm

I got into Flogging Molly thanks to my mom and sister lol. The Filmore is fairly decent in size about 2200 people fit in it.

I usually go to concerts at DTE, or the one with the hill lol. That's where I went to see my first concert and almost all of the ones I've seen. I even went to Ozzfest there and it was epic lol.

Moshpits on the hill are very dangerous, but fun bounce bouncing and pushing lol
Back to top Go down
katie_righ

katie_righ

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 10:23 pm

My list of concerts is pretty pathetic, partly because my parents were overly cautious, so my sister and I didn't have a whole lot of social leeway. So far, I have seen:

*Christina Aguilera-(or however you spell it). I think I was like 11, and it was a last minute thing. I was the "backup friend" who got to go, since someone else didn't show. Thanks.

*Mindless Self Indulgence/Julien K/Birthday Massacre - It's already been established that Jimmy Urine is hot in a dirty way. I consider this to be my first "real" concert, and it was definitely an unforgettable night.

*ICP/Twiztid/Dark Lotus, ABK, etc - No comment. Please, don't ask.

And I may possibly be going to a Death Cab concert in April.
Back to top Go down
Sethy Bear

Sethy Bear

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 10:55 pm

Just thought I would let anyone know that likes the Dropkick Murphys' and that lives in Mi
they are playing at The Filmore March 3rd tickets are $22.50.
Back to top Go down
Blank

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptyFri May 01, 2009 1:48 am

Saw Saves the Day last night, they were pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
katie_righ

katie_righ

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:59 pm

I want to go to this year's Cornerstone, but I just don't have the money (or the time really, I'd miss about a week of classes). Fortunately, there's a bunch of summer festivals and outdoor music things and whatnot going on in my area, so I'll just have to make do with those.

... I want to see MSI again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Concerts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concerts   Concerts Empty

Back to top Go down

Concerts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Pandora :: Life :: Music-
Jump to: